Qingge Xie, an associate researcher at Collaborative Innovation Center of Steel Technology, received his Ph.D. from KU Leuven in 2014. He has been a post doctor researcher at Oak Ridge National Lab in the USA for 2 years (2016 and 2017). In 2018, he joine
Qingge Xie, an associate researcher at Collaborative Innovation Center of Steel Technology, received his Ph.D. from KU Leuven in 2014. He has been a post doctor researcher at Oak Ridge National Lab in the USA for 2 years (2016 and 2017). In 2018, he joined the institute of high-performance computing (IHPC) at Agency for science, technology and research (ASTAR) in Singapore as a scientist (Scientist II, stage III). At the end of 2018, he joined the USTB. His research interest includes: (1) multi-scale modelling and experimentational investigation on the relation between the microstructure and the anisotropic behavior, and (2) a digital twin project for the additive manufacturing.
1. The National Science Foundation, Hierarchical multi-scale models for the elasto-plastic anisotropic behavior of metals and their in-situ experimentation validations, (No. 51571025), 2016 -2019.
2. Research start-up funding: Key relations between the heterogeneous microstructure and the macroscopic mechanical behavior，2018-2021.
1. R. Li, Q. Xie (co-first author), Y. D. Wang, et al, Unraveling submicron mechanical heterogeneity by three-dimensional X-ray micro-diffraction. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) doi: 10.1073/pnas.1711994115， 2018，115(3)483-488.
2. Xie, Q., Van Bael, A., Sidor, J., Moerman, J., Van Houtte, P. A new cluster type model for the simulation of textures of polycrystalline metals. Acta Materialia, 69, 175–186(2014).
3. Q. Xie, Z.Pei, J.Liang, D.Yu, Z.Zhao, P.Yang, R.Li, M.Eisenbach, K.An, Transition from the twinning induced plasticity to the g-e phase transformation induced plasticity in a high manganese steel, Acta Materialia 161(2018) 273-284.
4. Q. Xie, Y. Chen, P. Yang, Y. D. Wang, K. An, In-situ neutron diffraction and theoretical investigation on the tension-compression load reverse effect in the TWIP steel, Scripta materialia, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scriptamat.2018.03.017，150， 168-172，2018
5. Q.Xie, J.Liang, A.D. Stoica, R. Li, P. Yang, Z. Zhao, J. Wang, H. Lan, R. Li, K. An, In-situ neutron diffraction study on the tension-compression fatigue behavior of a twinning induced plasticity steel, Scripta Materialia, 137, 83-87(2017).
6. Q.Xie, R.Li, Y.D.Wang, R.Su, J.Lian, Y.Ren, W.Zhang, X.Zhou, Y.Wang, The in-depth residual strain heterogeneities due to an indentation and a laser shock peening for Ti-6Al-4V titanium alloy, Materials science and engineering A，714 140-145(2018).
7. Q.Xie, P. Eyckens, H. Vegter, J. Moerman, A. Van Bael, P. Van Houtte, Polycrystal plasticity models based on crystallographic and morphologic texture: Evaluation of predictions of plastic anisotropy and deformation texture. Materials Science and Engineering A, 581, 66-72 (2013).
8. Q. Xie, A. Van Bael, Y. An, J.Lian, J. J.Sidor, Effects of the isotropic and anisotropic hardening within each grain on the evolution of the flow stress, the r-value and the deformation texture of tensile tests for AA6016 sheet, Materials Science and Engineering A 721, 154-164(2018).
9. Q. Xie, G. Song, S. Gorti, Alexandru Stoica, B. Radhakrishnan, Jean Bilheux, M. M. Kirka, R. Dehoff, Hassina Z Bilheux, Ke An, Applying neutron transmission physics and 3D statistical full-field model to understand 2D Bragg-edge imaging, Journal of Applied Physics 123, 074901 (2018).
10. Q. Xie, S. Gorti, J.J. Sidor, Y.G.An, Y.D.Wang, J. Lian, H.Lan, K.An, grain orientation dependence of the residual lattice strain in a cold rolled interstitial-free steel, Steel research international https://doi.org/10.1002/srin.201700408
11. Q. Xie, J. Lian, F. Sun, B. Gan, Y.D.Wang, The lattice strain ratio in charactering the grain-to-grain interaction effect and its specific insight on the plastic deformation of polycrystalline materials in a tensile test, Journal of strain analysis for engineering design. https://doi.org/10.1177/0309324718770935.
Yang, M. X., Yuan, F. P., Xie, Q. G., Wang, Y. D., Ma, E., and Wu, X. L. Strain hardening in Fe-16Mn-10Al-0.86C-5Ni high specific strength steel, Acta Materialia, 2016(109) 213-222.
13. Thijs, L., Montero Sistiaga, M., Wauthlé, R., Xie, Q., Kruth, J., Van Humbeeck, J. (2013). Strong morphological and crystallographic texture and resulting yield strength anisotropy in Selective Laser Melted tantalum. Acta Materialia, 61 (12), 4657-4668.
P. Yang, Q. Xie, L. Meng, H. Ding, Z. Tang. Dependence of deformation twinning on grain orientation in a high manganese steel. Scripta Materialia, 2006, 55: 629–631.
L.Meng, P.Yang, Q.Xie, H. Ding, Z. Tang. Dependence of deformation twinning on grain orientation in compressed high manganese steels. Scripta Materialia, 2007, 56:931–934.
16. R.Li, Y.D.Wang, W.Liu, C.Geng, Q.Xie, D. E. Brown, K.An, Multiscale mechanical fatigue damage of stainless steel investigated by neutron diffraction and X-ray microfraction, Acta Materialia, 165(2019) 336-345.
17. Sidor, J., Petrov, R., Xie, Q., Van Houtte, P. and Kestens, L., Evaluation of crystallographic changes and plastic strain ratio in Al alloys, Materials Science and Technology, 2017(33) 667-677.
18. Rohit Voothaluru, Vikram Beedekar, Qingge Xie, Alexandru D. Stoica, R.Scott Hyde, Ke An, In-situ neutron diffraction and crystal plasticity finite element modeling to study the kinematic stability of retained austenite in bearing steels, Materials science and engineering A 711(2018) 579-587.
T. Wang, Q.G. Xie, Y.D.Wu, J.J.Si, X.D.Hui, Y.D.Wang, Stress induced phase transformation in Ti60Cu14Ni12Sn4Ta10 nanostructure dendrite composite: In situ high-energy X-ray diffraction study, Materials Letters, 2016(185) 376–379.
T. Liu, Z. Wu, A. D. Stoica, Q. Xie, W. Wei, H. Bei, Y. Gao, K. An, Twinning-mediated Work Hardening and Texture Evolution in CrCoFeMnNi High Entropy Alloys at Cryogenic Temperature, Materials and design, 2017(131) 419-427.
Qing-Ge Xie, Ping Yang and Li Meng. Dependence of deformation mechanisms on grain orientations and their changes calculated based on Sachs model in magnesium alloy AZ31. Frontiers of Materials Science in China, 2008, Volume 2, Number 3, 316-321.
L.Meng, P.Yang, Q.Xie and W.Mao. Analyses on Compression Twins in Magnesium. Materials Transactions, 2008, Vol.49 N0.4:710-714.
Ping Yang, Li-na Wang, Qing-ge Xie, etal. Influence of deformation on precipitation in AZ80 magnesium alloy. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 2011, Volume 18, Number 3: 338-343.